Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pot & tobacco: smoke is smoke, and brain altering chemicals are brain altering chemicals

In response to the BBC story "Young cannabis smokers run risk of lower IQ, report claims:"

Inhaling smoke into your lungs isn't particularly healthy, nor is the constant intake of chemicals that alter your brain chemistry. If you have a real reason for having to take it, for example if you are HIV positive or on chemo and have no other alternative to avoid feeling nauseous. Otherwise the stuff can easily make you into a retard. And the hippie political correct "there's no harm" line on this front is bull... Brain altering chemicals are brain altering chemicals, and smoke is smoke. Tobacco also alters your brain.



2 comments:

  1. I agree. My brother (dead @62) smoked tobacco products, 2-3 packs a day. He also smoked pot everyday (a lot)! Not only that, but he drank at least a 12 pack a day. On top of all of that he did whatever drugs were available.

    When he was 50, he couldn't breath. They put him on oxygen. I don't know how many drugs he was on and he probably kept up with his illegal drug use.

    He couldn't ever hold a job and he was very dull minded. I have seen what pot smoking can do to a person.

    When he was 61 the Lung Study @ U of U put stints in his lungs. He complained so much that a doctor out of town gave him a Rx to order the Veterans Hospital in SLC to take them out. He died 3 months later.

    I am in favor of SOME recreational pot use. I am HUGELY in favor of medicinal use, for those in need.

    I can't smoke pot, as I know what it does to me personally.

    I would think, myself, that if a person smoked pot on a daily basis for recreational use, they would probably be incapable of living a normal life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sunnyone1 wrote "...I would think, myself, that if a person smoked pot on a daily basis for recreational use, they would probably be incapable of living a normal life...."

    Response: That is very true. Check out the following clip from Bill Maher's Religious film:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uL7zjRsO1w

    ReplyDelete